*insert popped-eye emoticon*
Yeah, I just had that.
But I didn't panic, because I knew it was on my computer somewhere. The trick was figuring out where exactly "somewhere" was. This is what I did:
- OK, so I did panic, but only for a moment.
- I re-opened Word and looked at my Recent documents list (accessible from the File tab). It was wasn't there.
- Had slightly more panic.
- I opened Windows Explorer and searched using terms from the file name. Got nothing or a bunch of irrelevant somethings.
- Took several deep breaths.
- Had this inspiration: reopened the document from the email and did a "Save As". This gave me the location!
- Clicked in the folder address box and copied the location.
- Opened Windows Explorer and pasted the location into the folder address box.
- PRESTO! There it was!
Happy Good Friday!